I wrote earlier about using group analysis grids to calculate the average point score of groups of pupils and hence calculate the APS progress of the group. Here’s a set of analyses that you can download and install.
Before you download, a few caveats:
- The file has been virus checked and zipped up, you’ll need to unzip it before you import it.
- You’ll need to using Capita’s primary school tracking marksheets. If your marksheets begin with the initials ‘CES’ then you’re probably OK, if you’re not sure check that the aspects your system uses begin with the initials ‘TP’.
- If you’re still not sure, check with your SIMS support unit.
- Make sure you have some data in your system. You can get useful information by just entering a single term’s assessment grades.
- These grids are offered ‘as is’ with no liability on my part for any problems they cause on your system (not that there should be any problems, but just in case).
- If you find this sort of download useful, let me know – I’ll publish more.
- Please feel free to pass these resources on to other schools (but a credit would be nice!)
To download the grids, click on this link: [download id=”4″]. Then follow these instructions:
- Unzip the file to a place you can find it easily. The desktop is often useful for this.
- Goto Routines | Data In | Performance Analysis | Import
- Navigate to the unzipped file and import it.
- Go to Focus | Assessment | Result Set Analyses
- Look for the analyses called ‘TP APS Maths Termly’, ‘TP APR Reading Termly’ and ‘TP APS Writing Termly’. You might have to scroll down a long(ish) list…
- When you open them up, you might find that there are no rows displayed. If that’s the case, just follow these instructions – it only takes an extra 2 minutes to add them.
Still unsure how to install them? Here’s a video: