New KS4 Resources: Part 1

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Natasha Fellowes says:

Hi David, I’m about to embark on a 3rd attempt to map my aspects and try out this new resource. But for my Y11s I have a mixture of assessments and banked exam results from Y10 to include in the analysis. I haven’t looked yet – can you tell me off the top of your head whether the mapping can deal with this sort of situation?
    Thanks
    Tash

• David Pott says:

Hi Natasha,

Yes that should be possible though I can’t say I’ve tried it yet.

As of the April update the assessment mapping tool lets you map exam aspects into Capita’s standard aspects. So you could map the Exam board’s Eng Lang Summer Season 2015 results into the Act: GCSE EngLng aspect for this term.

When you run the assessment mapping tool a new popup appears asking if you want to map an exam aspect or an assessment manager aspect.

Let me know how you get on!

David.

• Natasha Fellowes says:

Thanks, so I should be able to map exam aspects AND assessment manager aspects in the same ‘Assessment Mapping Definition”? Haha I suppose I should stop talking and just try it!

2. Natasha Fellowes says:

OK, so there’s no SIMS target aspect for BCS ECDL – any tips about which would be a good proxy aspect?

• David Pott says:

Not sure, but any qualification that’s in the same p8 bucket but that you don’t otherwise offer as a school should be okay. But remember what you’ve done!

3. Natasha Fellowes says:

Hi David, I think SIMS is not counting Ancient History GCSE as a Humanity subject for the EBacc. I’m pretty sure it should count – is there any way of checking this?